I submitted my minimalist WordPress theme to the Free Theme Directory the other day and got a note back from them with a few suggestions. It didn’t take long to implement their recommended improvements and now Basic Simplicity 1.3 is available.
Follow these instructions only if you are already using Basic Simplicity.
- Upload the new files to the existing Basic Simplicity theme directory. (Do not upload the images folder if you’ve made edits to the header image)
- Go to the Appearance > Themes page and reselect Basic Simplicity.
- Go to the Edit Basic Simplicity control panel and choose to show or hide the header text.
- Blank header background image so your blog never says “Basic Simplicity” at the top.
- A way to show and hide the header text on the control panel so you can have a header image with or without text.
- Child pages now show on pages below the content.
- The current page now shows in bold when you’re on that page (except the home page, I’ll fix in a future release).